Sunday, February 5, 2012

Impulsive Online Shopping

Bargain shopping has become a hobby of mine. I pride myself in being able to walk away from an item with the mentality that I'll wait until it goes on sale. Scrounging clearance racks is like treasure hunting. This obsession with finding a good deal is not just limited to physical shopping, there are many websites out there that do the work for you. Many sites exist that offer a great deal on a few items for a limited time. Examples of these websites include:
All these websites offer a great deal and the infamous countdown timer. The timer ticks away as you asses your purchase encouraging a sense of urgency on the purchase at stake.

These websites create impulsive purchases. Customers purchase items they don't necessarily need. They feel that they are getting too great of a deal to pass up. In reality, these purchases may be unnecessary. Consumers get so caught up in the idea of saving money that they actually end up spending more on things that they don't even need.

Next time you find yourself scrounging one of these bargain sights, ask yourself:
"Is this really a bargain?"

1 comment:

  1. Its hard for me NOT to buy something on steepandcheap/whiskeymilitia. I can't allow myself to go to the site when I'm broke.

    ReplyDelete